Resolving All Types of Water Heater Issues in San Mateo County
Here at One Source Plumbing, our dedicated technicians are ready to support with any water heater trouble. Whether the system has a tank or is tankless, we can identify what’s gone wrong. Let us conduct a full inspection before suggesting the fastest and most effective solution. With our San Francisco water heater repair, the shower will be hot again in no time.
How to Recognize When a Water Heater Needs Repairs
People often do not take much notice of their water heaters until they are not working correctly. However, when cold water is blasting down in the shower, it is difficult to ignore. To avoid a water heater emergency, it is best to keep an eye out for warning signals the heater has issues. Even a new system is prone to experiencing problems if it has been improperly installed. Such situations call for quick repairs, so get in touch with a skilled plumber right away.
Some of the clearest signs that a water heater is in trouble include:
- The system keeps running out of hot water, even if only one person is using it
- When showering or washing the dishes, residents experience sudden fluctuation in the water’s temperature
- The gas and electric bills have rapidly spiked within the last few months
- There are signs of rust or other mineral deposits inside the tank or around the valves
- The pilot flame keeps flickering or changing color (if a gas-fueled system is being used)
- Water pressure levels will change from extremely high to low at any moment
- Strange noises are coming from the water heater system when it is running
- Bits of dirt, mineral deposits, or unusually colored water runs out when the hot water is turned on
Quality Service All Around
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Same Day Appointments
"My Sewer was clogged up with roots, Mo and Juan Showed up within an hour and were able to deal with it within an hour they were great."- Melvin B.
"This is my first time ever leaving a review. I am so thankful for One Sources help at 4:30 am I had to share it. I woke to water coming from the kitchen upstairs through the lights in my downstairs bathroom."- Josie A.
Highly recommend and Mo will always have my business!
"What can I say that hasn't already been said? Mo and his team are the BEST! I woke up to water pouring out of my water heaters overflow pipe and pan and didn't even know where to start."- Miss M.
Job well done!
"Mo and his team do great work. He came to do the estimate and were clear about what needed to be done and the options we had. We repiped our victorian home and it was done perfectly."- Brian N.
"Mo came to the rescue when boatloads of water started backing up into our first floor at 11pm last night. So appreciated his patience, the info he provided and the extra mile he went to get us help with our situation."- Leslie S.
Because there are so many components inside a water heater, it is difficult to say at first glance what is causing trouble in the system. Even a tankless system, while it has fewer parts than a tank model, can still experience problems related to electrical elements. However, there are still certain issues that are more common.
Some typical faults that a heater might experience include problems like:
- Heating element bolts that have been loosened from old age
- Leaks in the plumbing system connecting to the tank
- A malfunctioning T&P (temperature and pressure) relief valve
- Gaskets that have become loose or broken
- Valves that are stuck or cracked
- Seals that have been worn by time
- Corrosion caused by rust or oxidation to other metals
- Overheating from a faulty thermostat
- Sediment trapped inside the intricate inner workings of the system
A knowledgeable technician at One Source Plumbing can rapidly identify what is wrong with the system, no matter the model or make. Acting quickly can save homeowners from being forced to pay for a pricy replacement.
Simply get in touch with a helpful team member now at (415) 993-5090 for prompt San Francisco water heater repair.